Rating: 7,9/10 (1223 votes)
Living in Thailand sometimes you need to call relatives, friends and acquaintances. And sometimes relatives also call. How to call Thailand on a cell phone correctly?
Consider several options:
1. If you want to contact a cell phone of one of the operators from Russia, which is now located outside its territorial location within network roaming, then when dialing a number, use the number format"+7" with the addition of the subscriber number itself. This is a standard room and there is nothing to worry about. However, we note that it is not convenient and expensive to be constantly in roaming in the Eastern Kingdom. Therefore, Russian tourists are often they buy local (Thai) SIM cards and, from them, they call home.
It is not at all difficult to acquire a SIM card from a Thai operator. They are sold everywhere, starting from the entrance to the airport (where it is sometimes given out for free to all Russians who arrive) or by going to one of the many 7/11 minimarkets, in a family store.
In Thailand it is now quite popular, among tourists from Russia, mobile operator DTac (Happy). Note that in the Kingdom there is no roaming within the network and by purchasing a SIM card in Bangkok, you can use the same SIM card in other cities without spending additional funds. The price remains the same, which is good news. Another weighty argument for purchasing a Thai SIM card is the ability to call Russia much cheaper than from a cell phone, which is now within roaming limits. The cost of 1 minute will not exceed 3-5 baht.
In order not to spend your own money, start dialing the number you need with “009” or “004” without adding “+”. For example, if you need to contact the subscriber's number + 7-XXX-XXX-XX-XX, dial: 004-7-XXX-XXX-XX-XX or 009-7-XXX-XXX-XX-XX.
2. This is another possible communication option. But how to call a person who has a Thai SIM card? The Thai number looks like this: 08-XXXX-XXXX. To find out the code by which you can be called from Russia, consider the box with the purchased SIM card. The number should be written there in its full format.
Note that the first digit"0" is replaced by"+66". Those. the telephone number will be of this type: + 66-8-XXXX-XXXX. If you will be calling not from your cell phone, but from your home phone, then you should not dial"+66", but a five-digit code -"81066". Those. the number will look like this: 81066-8-XXXX-XXXX. The first digit"8" is long distance,"10" is international, and"66" is required to indicate the dialing code for Thailand. However, note that from a landline phone to a Thai SIM card, a call will not be a cheap pleasure.
In order to somehow save your money:
- ask if your mobile operator has an additional the tariff at which calls to Thailand will be optimally cheap;
- if there is no cheap tariff, try to connect with family, friends, acquaintances through Skype. All you need in this case is that your opponent has this program, and, accordingly, the opportunity to go online. It is also possible in the program to call landlines or mobiles abroad, after replenishing your balance;
Call via skype
- another option - a call from a mobile with a certain PIN code redirection. How can this be done? Call a number in Moscow at your standard rate and by means of forwarding (by entering the pin code + your subscriber's number) you connect with the person you need. As a result, there are many numbers, but the cost is 10 times less. In order to get a PIN code, you need to buy a card. For example, service UTUZ offers to call Thailand through a pin code for 5 rubles. This is quite convenient if you need to often call back at work or find out the latest news from friends.
We also recommend reading What is the name of a film about Thailand?
Topic: How to call Thailand?.